Sunday 16 October 2011

Food


Food is any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells in an effort to produce energy, maintain life, and/or stimulate growth.

Historically, people secured food through two methods: hunting and gathering, and agriculture. Today, most of the food energy consumed by the world population is supplied by the food industry, which is operated by multinational corporations that use intensive farming and industrial agriculture to maximize system output.

How I love food. I'm grateful that my wife is also a great cook.In the West we are so fortunate that we have an over abundance of food! What great meals I have eaten -beef,lamb, different types of fish, different vegetables, deserts,cream-there just so many! I'm sure that I will eventually put as a post one of these meals or foods one to be thankful for.Today its for food generally. What have eaten today lamb, carrots, turnips,potatoes,cherry pie,a homemade biscuit,crisps to name a few.I'm thankful that I am well fed.I'm thankful that I do not go to bed hungry each tonight.

No comments: